Finished DOGME-Project: DRAGON

Once upon a time, there was a very beautiful prince who was held captive by a dragon. To make a long story short, the dragon was slaughtered by an equally beautiful and very brave princess, and the prince saved. Before they lived happily ever after, they speculated what to do with the dead dragon. They couldn’t eat the flesh, since, as everyone knows, dragons blood is poisonous, and anyway, there’s too much cholesterol in the meat to be healthy. But they took the skin, sold it, and lived not only happily ever after but also became rich!
This bag is supposedly made from dragonskin. If you do not have dragonskin lying about, you could imitate the effect by knitting. Here are directions ( not very precise, I am afraid).

Materials
Any 100% wool yarn in green and red colours, preferably multicoloured in greens and reds. I used embroidery wool in many greens and a couple of reds. You could go thicker og thinner with the yarn, it would just make your bag bigger or smaller. If you use embroidery wool you can just connect the skeins with a knot. I also dyed the yarn with Kool-aid, which only resulted in a slight colour change on the lighter greens.
Use needles that are a few mm larger than you would use normally for your yarn, dp (4-5) as well as regular (2). The yarn I used is like sockyarn, which I normally would use 2.5 or 3 mm for, but for this project I used 4.5 mm. Helpyarn in a contrasting colour.
Directions
CO 70 st. with green yarn. K stocinette stitch throughout the project. After 21 rows, knit in a helping thread in the middle: Knit 25 st. with your regular yarn, knit the next 21 st. with a contrasting yarn, put the stitches with the contrasting yarn back on the left needle and knit them over once more with your regular yarn and the rest of the row.
Repeat this procedure again after 18 rows over 18 stitches, then again after 15 rows over 16 stitches, and, last, after 12 rows over 12 stitches. Knit 10 more rows. BO.
Take up the stitches around the first help thread with dpn, and pick up one ekstra stitch at each corner (44st). Knit in the round with red yarn. Knit one row. In the next rows, decrease two stitches at each corner, so you will knit a ’double triangle’:

k2tog, k 17, k2tog, k2tog, k17, k2tog
k2tog, k 15, k2tog, k2tog, k15, k2tog
keep on decreasing like this until you have 2 (or 3) st. left. knit these together and BO.
Follow the same procedure with the other help threads.
Finishing
Sew the back of the bag and the bottom, so that the dragons’ ridge is in the middle. Knit Icord (attached) in green at the top of the bag, and knit Icord as a handle, ca 30% longer than you want it to be.

Felt in washing machine at 40 degrees, let dry.
These directions are free for your personal, individual use. You may print out a copy to work with. But you may not print out multiple copies, you may not reformat the directions for commercial use, and you may not sell it or items made from them, unless the profits go to charity. You may not reproduce the directions on your website, but you can link to my blog where they can be found.The copyright for the directions belongs to Rineke Brouwer.
Back to myblog





14 Comments:
I love your dragon!
Greetings from Germany
Aud
Hi, Rineke! Greetings from Finland! I can see you have snow there, too. Your bag is lovely and imaginative, I'll make one for myself (as if I hadn't enough projects going on even without this one...). Thanks for the pattern!
Beste Rineke,
erg leuke tas!
Als fanatieke breister en breiblogafzoeker stuitte ik op jouw breiblog. Leuk om onverwacht familie tegen te komen met dezelfde afwijking!
Vriendelijke groet uit Haarlem, je nichtje Froukje Postmus-Koolstra
Froukje, heb je ook een blog???
familiegroet terug, RIneke
Hai Rineke,
nee (bekennend met schaamrood op de kaken), ik heb geen blog, ik bekijk ze alleen maar. Zal vanavond eindelijk eens proberen of me het lukt er een te starten want ik vind die wereldwijde breiclub toch wel errug leuk... Vriendelijke groet, Froukje
Laat in de avond: met blijdschap geef ik kennis van mijn pasgeboren blogje. www.smoekkk.blogspot.com
Hoop ik.
Groet en tot blogs, froukje
Fantastic dragon :-)
Hello from Johnson City, Tennessee, USA. This bag looks so sweet. I can't wait to make one for my own little princess.
The 12sky2 Gold should be a timely evolution of the world. Please step up efforts to investigate all types of twelve sky2 Gold can be set up in the game. twelvesky2 Gold to add more rudimentary fashion and to do some changes to the players to use and can create. The buy 12sky2 Gold can help you combat equipment of the production. Use the cheap twelve sky2 Gold may change the door to door battle for offensive and defensive resident.
I know that most players use aion kina to get a shiny cool weapon like other players in game. To enhance something, you need enhance stones with aion online kina. The process of enhancing is simple if you have aion gold. You can buy aion kina after clicking enhance. The equipment will be enhanced to the next level if you have more cheap aion kina.
I can get Pirates of the Burning Sea Gold cheaply,
Yesterday i want to buy potbs goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will buy potbs Doubloon for him
as birthday present. i like the potbs money very much.
I usuallybuy potbs Doubloon and keep it in my store.
I can get Pirates of the Burning Sea Gold cheaply,
Yesterday i want to buy potbs goldfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will buy potbs Doubloon for him
as birthday present. i like the potbs money very much.
I usuallybuy potbs Doubloon and keep it in my store.
Making knight gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of knight noah . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of knight online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of knight online noah here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buycheap knight gold.
As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
requiem gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your requiem lant.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many requiem money by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get cheap requiem lant. If you need , you can buy requiem online gold at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .
If you do not like upgrading level step by step, you can cost rohan gold to help your character to reach level high. rohan crone has many ways for us to use. When you start the Rohan Online game, your character will be level 1. I remembered that when I started playing this Rohan game with some little cheap rohan money. My friends all told me that the best way to spend rohan online gold is a good way. But I could not like spending my own rohan online crone.
If you wish to buy runescape to explore other spell books, you should subscribe as a Fun Orb member. runescape gold of RS Online Game, we have made several changes to Fun Orb. Shattered Plans - a galaxy-spanning strategy epic that use rs gold to allow up to six players to battle for supremacy. We only plan to pay cheap rs gold when we feel you will appreciate the updates. And we certainly feel that these changes and some runescape money are worth telling you about.
YOur dragon bag is sssssssssoooooooooooooooo weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL But I just LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
can you please post the brand of yarn.i would like to make with original yarns
Post a Comment
<< Home