Saturday, January 26, 2008

Magic...


Fearlessly I started with magic looping. For hats, like this Ganome it is a welcome techinique, since you do not have to switch to dpn. Instead, you just pull the string out between a pair of stitches somewhere in your work and voila, Magic Loop.




Socks are possibly also made by Magic Looping. I started them but alas! this is not for me. The troubles with avoiding gaps and the tension in the circular needle became to much for me. I guess it is easier with a smooth cable between the needles, but I do not have a smooth circular. So I gave that up. I considered switching to doing one sock at a time on two circulars, but then I figured I just could insert one of those (short) circulars on each sock and thus knit two socks at one time on three circular needles. Hence the spaghetti on the picture. I know what I am doing, though.


Hat: handspun (not by me) found in a thrift shop, handdyed with food colouring, Elizabeth Zimmerman Knitting Almanac: Ganome hat. needle 5.5.
Socks: Overdyed inherited sock yarn, overall anatomy of sock: Yarnissimas Firestarter, twisted stitch pattern by me, inspired by Bäuerliches Stricken, needles: 2,5

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Het ziet er ingewikkeld uit, met die dre naalden, maar als het voor jou werkt, dan is dat toch prima!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Tijm said...

Jij maakt het wel heel ingewikkeld!! Waar vallen er gaten als je de magic loop doet?
Als je er eens foto's van maakt kan ik je misschien tips geven. Jammer dat we niet live met elkaar kunnen praten.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, dit ziet er erg ingewikkeld uit! Ik houd me voorlopig nog maar bij het breiene op 4 of 5 naalden. Wat een mooie sok, die ignatia uit je vorige post! Marijgje

7:06 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

I'm impressed! Knitting socks on 3 circulars. Wow, I did even not manage to do them on 2, so I stick with one needle for the time being :-).

I love the colour of the Ganome!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home